Friday, May 11, 2012

Taking our princess to Disneyland

At the end of this month, my baby turns three, THREE! And to celebrate we are taking her on a special Mommy, Daddy, Cara trip to Disneyland. I am not sure who is more excited, her or us.

Over the last six months, she has adopted all things Disney as her new favorite pastime.  The excitement she exhibits when she see the iconic castle appear before a movie is just about the cutest thing you have ever seen.  She obsesses over Princess Aurora, Ariel and Belle.  She talks non-stop about the “Bad Lady” from 101 Dalmatians and even convinced us to go see the ‘cowboy’ at Toy Story on Ice.  Disneyland is going to blow her mind.

In preparation, I have done some reading on how to prepare for a trip to Disneyland with young kids, booked the hotel, downloaded the aps, I will be going to the store this weekend to stock up on travel snacks, light sticks and other sundry supplies.  I haven’t however bought the tickets, perhaps I should get on that.

 Meanwhile, Bri is going to spend some quality time with grandma and grandpa.  This is going to be the first time I have left Bri for more than 12 hours since the day she was born.  I am conflicted over being so excited about the time I will get to spend with Cara, and how much I am going to miss Bri.  Logically, I know Bri is going to be fine.  I mean, my sister and I managed to make it successfully to adulthood didn’t we?  Plus, I have written painfully detailed notes and portioned out all of Bri’s food with labels (if you know me, you know this isn’t an exaggeration).

Pictures to come after our adventure, in the meantime, I have got to get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment